The Haunted Track
A downloadable ARG
Solve the mystery of what happened to the author of a journal - and what happened to the audio track they were obsessed with.
The Haunted Track is an ARG (alternate reality game). All you have is a strange, creepy audio file and a confusing journal with an unknown author. What happened to them? The answer is out there, if you can piece together the clues and solve the puzzles.
The Rules for play are:
1. You must have the audio file (PLAYME.MP3) playing at all times during the game.
2. You may restart the track if it ends, and you may skip around the track at will.
3. Teamwork is encouraged, and players may also use the discussion board on this page to help each other solve the mystery.
4. You will know when you have succeeded, and the story does have an end.
5. If you get properly stuck, a hint file is included. The hints are spaced apart so you can read only as many hints as you need.
Secret Foxfire is a one-person company founded by writer Ari Lereve. Ari also writes essays, fiction, and more, as well as producing YouTube gaming videos and streaming on Twitch. For more info, check out his LinkTree. Patrons at $5 and up get access to all games for free and much more - check out Ari's Patreon page for more info.
Created over two weeks for the 2020 AdvXJam.
Because this game was created in just two weeks by a single developer (with a day job), it lacks a certain amount of polish. However, it was also good practice and inspired ideas for future games. If you enjoy The Haunted Track, follow me to get notified of future games.
Click download now to get access to the following files: